Sunday, January 4, 2009

So, my New Year's resolution is to write a blog. This, as anyone who knows me can attest, is absolutely ridiculous because a) I don't write blogs, b) I don't make New Year's resolutions and c) even if I were to make a resolution to write a blog and actually follow through with it, I would lose interest after only one or two weeks. So basically what I'm saying is that this may be the one and only post that I ever write on my blog. Enjoy...

I got the blog idea from my sister Amber who has been doing this religiously for about a year. Apparently, blogging is the new scrap booking; I had no idea. And I don't know how she finds the time in between Pilate's classes, book groups, recipe clubs and raising two young girls. (Yes, I am making fun of her, but just a little. She knows that I always tease her for being a "Suburban Mom" but only because I am in awe.) Anyway, you should definitely be reading her blog instead of mine. There are many more insights and humorous anecdotes to be found there. (Hopefully, if I can figure out all of this high-tech stuff, there will be a link to her blog somewhere on this page.)

So, what can you expect from this blog (other than a very short lifespan)? I'm hoping that it will be an account of my family's attempt to live a simpler, healthier and (though I hesitate to use the word) "greener" lifestyle; a forum for various rants and raves, stories and movie and book reviews and a chronicle of my recipe attempts and disasters. And of course it will feature tons of pictures of my adorable son. If only my internet would stop going all wonky every time I try to upload a photo...

3 comments:

Amber said...

YIIIPPPEEE!!! Bout time, slacker. And please, if for no other reason than to allow me the pleasure of mocking you endlessly for doing something trendy, don't let this be your only post!

Amber said...

Oh and for the record, your blog title is funny. Because let's face it, we are hilarious. Even when we don't try to be. I guess we were just born that way (we were also, obviously, born humble!).

Amber said...

Okay, one more and then I am totally done. So the "Friends and Family" link section on my blog was completely fraudulent up until about 2 minutes ago. You see, our family is so behind the times. You are my first family blog buddy (and no, that is not a blogger term, so please do not repeat it in an attempt to be cool. You will fail miserly and be shunned by the whole blogger society.)